Today we had a play day at work and the whole office went to a River Cats baseball game. It was fun to hang out outside of work and my co-workers brought their cute kids. This wasn't my usual baseball experience because we were in a box suite with a catered lunch. It was also different because I introduced the general concept of baseball to my co-worker who is from China and has never seen a baseball game! I was very busy teaching and mingling to dwell on my general fear of baseballs flying at my head! We were up pretty high and none of the foul balls were coming our way (I once wielded a box lid at a baseball game to shield myself from danger, I am not kidding). And can someone please tell me what a river cat is?
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
What is a River Cat?
Today we had a play day at work and the whole office went to a River Cats baseball game. It was fun to hang out outside of work and my co-workers brought their cute kids. This wasn't my usual baseball experience because we were in a box suite with a catered lunch. It was also different because I introduced the general concept of baseball to my co-worker who is from China and has never seen a baseball game! I was very busy teaching and mingling to dwell on my general fear of baseballs flying at my head! We were up pretty high and none of the foul balls were coming our way (I once wielded a box lid at a baseball game to shield myself from danger, I am not kidding). And can someone please tell me what a river cat is?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I think a river cat is one of those feral cats that live by the river. That mascot pretty much sucks if you ask me!
ReplyDeleteI think a river cat is a wild cat that lives in the bushes along the river and eats dead fish that wash up on the beach. They are not involved with the sport of baseball. They are a metaphor that represents the wild and independent spirited individuals that have nine lives to play with.
ReplyDeleteDadavid, Sports Analyst