Saturday, February 12, 2011

Proud Supporter of Valentine's Day


Hallmark didn't create Valentine's Day (Hallmark wasn't around in 500 AD), they simply reap the benefits of this holiday, as do millions of people who are in LOVE. Early in the 19th century, hand made valentines were exchanged as a symbol of LOVE. Celebrations of LOVE are and should be as unique and beautiful as the LOVE you share with your beloved. Go ahead and celebrate LOVE!

I am a proud supporter of Valentine's Day because I believe in LOVE. I believe that there should be a dedicated day every year that people are free to say and do cheesy and corny things in the name of LOVE. I believe in boys spoiling girls. I believe in girls spoiling boys. I believe in handmade cards and handpicked flowers. I believe in store bought cards and florist created masterpieces. I believe in public displays of affection. I believe in stolen kisses. I believe in dinners in and dinners out. I believe in fluffy teddy bears left on doorsteps and love notes left on mirrors. I believe in grand celebrations and declarations of adoration. I believe in walks- hand in hand and quiet whispers. I believe in everlasting LOVE because I live in it everyday. Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment